The Department runs Erasmus student and academic staff exchange programs with more than ten universities across Europe. As a visiting students you will be able to attended courses on a wide range of subjects , benefit from the university’s Library, sport and entertainment facilities. For more information about the University visit http://www.elte.hu/en and download the University Data Sheet.
If you would like to study at the Department of Media and Communication, the first thing to check is if your home university holds an exchange agreement – Erasmus or other – with the Department. To find it out contact the international / Erasmus office at your home university. If no bilateral agreements are in place, there might still be opportunities for a visiting studentship to be organized on an individual basis.
Currently, the Department of Media and Communication holds student exchange agreements with the following institutions:
- Universitat Leipzig, Institut für Kommunikations- und Medienwissenschaft, Zentrum für Medien und Kommunikation (http://www.uni-leipzig.de/~kmw/)
- Universitat Dortmund, Kulturwissenschaften, Institut für Journalistik (http://www.journalistik-dortmund.de/)
- Babes-Bolyai Egyetem Magyar Irodalomtudomány Tanszék, Kolozsvár (http://www.lett.ubbcluj.ro/~hungarianlit)
- Canterbury Christ Church University, Department of Media (http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/arts-humanities/media/
- Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, Department of Communicatioan, Media and Culture (http://www.panteion.gr/index.php/Διεθνείς-Σχέσεις
- Faculties of Humanities & Theology, Lund University Media & Communication and Cultural Studies (http://www.ht.lu.se/o.o.i.s/11936)
- University of Limerick Journalism & New Media Studies (http://www.ul.ie/courses/LM039.html)
The Department also has a history of collaboration with the Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania.
If your home institution is not listed here, contact your Erasmus office to find out if you are eligible to study at the Department of Media and Communication. Alternatively, you can contact our international coordinator, József Bíró at arts _at_ btk elte hu, or our Erasmus coordinator, Noemi Farkas at farkasnoemi _at_ emc elte hu for further details.